Want to get healthy or even lose weight? Broccoli needs to be included in your diet.
Here’s 10 reasons why broccoli is good for you!
(1) Broccoli is the king of low carb vegetables – 1.1 grams of net carbohydrate per 100g! (after fiber subtracted) Sometimes I fill my plate up with broccoli and drench it in melted butter or cheese.
(2) A chemical in vegetables such as broccoli, cauliflower and cabbage can boost DNA repair in cells and may stop them becoming cancerous
(3) Eating steamed broccoli reduces the risk of a heart attack by boosting the body’s ability to fight off cell damage, researchers have found.
(4) Did you know broccoli contains more vitamin C than an orange? (ounce for ounce) Vitamin C is great for your hair, skin, teeth, fighting infections and keeping red blood cells healthy.
(5) Did you know broccoli contains as much calcium as a glass of milk? (ounce for ounce) Calcium helps to keep you heart beating regularly and promotes sleep.
(6) Broccoli is also a good source of folate . Folate is necessary for the production and maintenance of new cells.
(7) Broccoli is also a good source of iron. Iron is an essential component of haemoglobin and, therefore, iron is required for normal blood formation and oxygen transport around the body.
(8) Broccoli is also a great source of fiber.
(9) Broccoli is also a good source of potassium. Potassium plays an important role in the physical fluid system of humans and it assists nerve functions.
(10) Broccoli is also a good source of vitamin K. Vitamin K is known to be needed to coagulate blood and to maintain proper bone density. It also plays a key role in proper development of the fetus.
If you’re gonna eat low-carb, broccoli should be a regular feature in your diet. Whether you’re focused on gaining muscle or losing fat, broccoli will greatly assist you in your goal.