Fancy a whopping 47 grams of protein in a tasty, easy meal?
This is a recipe I had completely forgotten about up until recently. I used to eat this meal regularly before I started my carb-cycling lifestyle a few years ago.
However, after my summer ’09 cut, I switched to my Glycemic Load diet as my method for bulking without adding fat. I then rediscovered this high-protein beauty and wanted to pass it on to you guys.
I didn’t personally formulate this one, I found it on bodybuilding.com a long time ago. It’s perfect for GLADiators and even good for low-carbers in general with only 15.5g net carbs per meal.
Easy Chicken A La King
Here’s what you need:
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons wholemeal flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup/8 fl. oz. full-fat milk
- 1/2 pound cooked, cubed chicken meat
- 1 hard-boiled egg, sliced
- 1 1/3 cups cooked spinach
Here’s what you need to do with it:
- In a saucepan, sauté the onion for a minute or so
- Now add the salt, flour, milk, and mix thoroughly
- Bring it all to the boil. It will thicken up nicely
- Now add your chicken, egg, and spinach and heat through
That’s it – Done!
Quick, easy, and packed with protein.
I had some problems getting an accurate Glycemic Load estimate for this dish, but if you count it as a GL 10 you’ll be more than accounting for its glycemic impact.
- Calories: 340.4
- Protein: 47g
- Total Fat: 10g
- Total Carbs: 19.2g
- Dietary Fiber: 3.6g
- Net Carbs 15.6g
Can I give you my free muscle-building workout?
Join thousands over the world who are packing on slabs of new muscle for free with Targeted Hypertrophy Training (THT)