This recipe comes from my friend Jim Harte who runs a clean eating catering business in my local area. Their facebook page is Clean & Lean Catering.
If you want high protein, healthy food and you don’t want to cook, this is the place to go!
Give them a like – I highly recommend them if you live in my neck of the woods (Lurgan/Craigavon area N Ireland).
Here’s how you can make delicious turkey meatballs with cauliflower mash (cauliflower mash is a great alternative to mashed potato for those watching their carbs).
Turkey Meatballs with Cauliflower Mash
- 100g turkey mince (3.5 ounces)
- 1 red chilli
- ½ red onion
- ¼ green and yellow pepper
- 1 egg
- 20g oatbran (0.75 ounce)
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 head cauliflower
Preheat oven to 150 C / 300 F
- Finely chop onion, chilli and peppers.
- Add all ingredients (except cauliflower) into a bowl and mix well.
- Mould into balls.
- Place on a baking tray and cook for 10 minutes (check and turn after 5 mins to prevent sticking)
- Place cauliflower in a steamer and cook until soft, transfer to a bowl and mash. Add seasoning to taste.
- Place on plate and layer meatballs on top.
Carbs (net) 16g
A great little dish for any time of the year, but especially when cutting and you think you can’t have tasty food!
If you’d like more easy-to-make protein-packed recipes to fuel your muscle growth, check out MuscleHack Buff Baking. There’s pancakes, peanut butter cookies, ice cream, “strong man’s” sausage bake, chocolate cake, “popcorn” chicken and many more!
You can see all my free bodybuilding recipes here.
And if you still haven’t started training in the best way possible for fast muscle gains, download my THT training program free below
Can I give you my free muscle-building workout?
Join thousands over the world who are packing on slabs of new muscle for free with Targeted Hypertrophy Training (THT)