Want a high protein snack that almost tastes like a snickers?
This is my own homemade protein bar recipe.
I call it the ‘3 Ingredient Protein Bar‘ and it rules!!
It’s quick, simple and tastes great! Getting a quick blast of protein has never been easier or tastier for the natural bodybuilder.
Here’s your ingredients:
- Natural Nut Butter of your choice – I like hazelnut butter as it’s lowest in carbs
- Heavy/Double Cream
- Whey Protein – The flavor of your choice.
Personally I think chocolate whey is great with this. The hazelnut and chocolate flavors go so well together.
Use chocolate whey and crunchy peanut butter for the snickers taste.
Also you can add a teaspoon or two of granulated splenda to sweeten it a little.
Watch the video and the instructions are below:
- Put 50 grams of nut butter and 25 grams of whey protein into a bowl
- Mix a little until dry and clumpy
- Add 40ml of heavy cream. Now it magically smooths out quickly when mixed
- Take out of bowl and shape into a bar
I take these with me if I’m going somewhere that won’t have healthy food options.
In fact, just recently I had to attend an all-day meeting in a hotel for my job. At break, while everyone was getting stuck into the free scones and tea, I was munching on my homemade protein bar – I swear some of my colleagues think I’m obsessed!
Maybe I am, but it works and I feel great
This is similar to the recipe for protein chew bars in Total Six Pack Abs which is made with Peanut Butter.
Enjoy this one guys!
PS – If you’re new here and wondering, ‘Why is fat desirable?’ – Please read this article to see why fat is good for muscle gains.