Fancy a drink with 100g protein in it?
You might think it’s a bit mental to consume that much protein, and it kinda is, but there are times when this would come in handy:
- Intermittent Fasters might take this as a last meal before a long fast
- If you are going to be going away from home for most of the day and won’t have access to food
- If you will be away from home for an extended period of time, you could take it with you and sip on it all day
- You could take half of it post-workout, and the rest 3 hours later to hit your “anabolic 3-hour window”
- Or you actually are legitimately mental.
If you were tempted to make the point about “the body can only absorb 25g protein at 1 time” please read this post.
My estimate here based on the amount of protein and the glycemic index of the shake, this will deliver protein into your bloodstream for about 14 hours.
Watch the video of me preparing a protein bomb. The full ingredients and nutritional values are below:
- 2 scoops or about 50g Whey Protein (vanilla, toffee, cookies n cream, chocolate or even unflavored work well)
40g protein | 2g carbs | 2g fat | 186 Calories
- 2 x Eggs
12g protein | 0.5g carbs | 10g fat | 140 Calories
- 1 x cup or 250ml or 8 fl oz 0% Natural Greek Yogurt (I’m using Tesco Finest 0%)
20g protein | 10g carbs | 1g fat | 129 Calories
- 3 tablespoons Natural Peanut Butter
12g protein | 9g carbs | 24g fat | 300 Calories
- 1 x Banana
2g protein | 28g carbs | 0g fat | 120 Calories
- 2 x cups or 480ml or 16 fl oz Whole/Full-Fat Milk
16g protein | 20g carbs | 16g fat | 288 Calories
NOTE: You could use another banana to thicken it up, if you prefer a thicker shake. Also consider a sugar and calorie-free syrup like Da Vinci or Zero Syrups from The Protein Works to add more sweetness with no extra carbs.
Questions? Comments? If I can help you, I will. Just talk to me below.
Now there’s no point in all that protein if you didn’t hack up those muscle fibers and stimulate growth. Get the science-based, growth-promoting THT workout here for free..THT workout here…
Can I give you my free muscle-building workout?
Join thousands over the world who are packing on slabs of new muscle for free with Targeted Hypertrophy Training (THT)