Here’s a healthy, ‘low-glycemic load’ muesli recipe to get you started in the morning.
What I suggest you do is keep the following ingredients together in a large container; that way you can just pour it out like cereal from a box (just make sure you mix it all together in the correct ratio).
For 1 serving you’ll need:
(1) 25g (1oz) oat flakes – 88 calories
(2) 15g ground almonds – 85 calories
(3) 1/2 tbsp pumpkin seeds – 28 calories
(4) 1/2 tbsp chopped hazelnuts - 45 calories
(5) 1/2 tbsp sunflower seeds – 33 calories
(6) 125ml Glass (1/2 Cup) full-fat Milk - 83 calories
Total GLs - 5GLs
Total Calories – 362
I would encourage you to wash down a small protein shake to go with this in the morning. Alternatively, pour on a vanilla whey protein shake using the glass of milk from the recipe to get a blast of muscle-building protein in your muesli.
With 25grams of protein, the calorie count comes to 462.
Optional – This is best sweetened with one of the following:
- stevia – 0GLs
- truvia – 0GLs
- erythritol – 0GLs
- 10g xylitol – 1GL
- splenda – 0GLs (if you don’t mind artificial sweeteners)
Or you could throw on some berries for sweetness instead.