Your beliefs are determining your success and failure in every area of your life, you MUST change them! Read on…
How successful can you be as a natural bodybuilder?
A lot more successful than you might think. The limits we humans place on ourselves are enormous, not to mention stupid.
Your beliefs about life will create life in congruence to that belief.
More specifically, your beliefs about anything in life will create along those lines as well.
Think about this:
- The person that believes that they can’t do something, won’t do it.
- The person that believes they are not worthy of a happy relationship will eventually create failed relationships.
- The person that believes that people don’t like them, will experience a world in which people don’t interact with them much
- The guy that believes that girls don’t like him won’t get any attention from them. He won’t approach them, he’s not approach-able, and he will have all the charisma of an out-of-date cabbage.
I look at it this way – all beliefs are self-fulfilling.
There’s a saying that goes,
“Whether you think you can or whether you think you can’t, you’re right” – Henry Ford
I completely agree!
So, what disempowering beliefs might the natural bodybuilder hold?
- You can only add a few pounds of new muscle in a year (yeah right!)
- You can’t just keep progressing every week, can you?
- You can’t get big being natural
- You have to add fat while adding muscle
- You have to lose muscle while losing fat
Ah! It annoys just to hear them!
The subconscious mind is the storehouse of all your beliefs.
Your subconscious listens to EVERY WORD AND THOUGHT YOU THINK. It then accepts your dominant thoughts as programs. These programs run in the background of your life, much the same as several programs are running in the background of your computer’s operating system right now. It’s your habitual thoughts that become your beliefs/programs.
Now, if you accept any of the disempowering beliefs above as true, your results will reflect it. Your subconscious is astonishingly powerful and will do what it has to, to meet the expectations of these programs.
You’ll subconsciously start to sabotage your own success. You may:
- Reach failure too early in a set
- Reach plateaus that you just can’t break
- Unexpectedly get too tired before a workout and decide to skip it
- Drop your guard and allow your diet to falter
All of the above scenarios aren’t nearly as random as you think. You are unwittingly living up OR down to your own subconscious expectations.
Now, what if you believed the following?:
- I will perform better with EVERY SINGLE workout
- I can naturally and easily reach the size and definition I want
- I drop fat rapidly
- I grow bigger every week
- I will grow to the size I want LONG before any supposed ‘Genetic Limit’
- I enjoy and am ENTHUSED by the process of building a magnificent body!
Drop the limits! Drop the excuses! Today!
When a hypnotist speaks directly to someone’s subconscious and tells him he’s a chicken, he becomes a chicken in his experience. He thinks and acts like a chicken, no matter what you tell him, he’s 100% convinced he’s a chicken. You may want to stop using labels like ‘ectomorph’, ‘skinny’, or ‘hard-gainer’ to describe yourself if you don’t wish to remain that way. The more you repeat it, the more you’ll believe it.
Change your beliefs and you will change your life. That goes for ANY area of life!
So next is the process of actually changing your beliefs. One of the best ways is to experience something that shatters your current paradigm. The videos below should help you do that.
Check out Jeff Willet. As far as natural bodybuilders go, this guy is my inspiration. And I can guarantee you something, he didn’t hold the same crippling beliefs of a lot of other natural bodybuilders do.
Here he is working his chest:
Here he is responding to those who don’t believe he is natural:
And here are some shots of Jeff Willet on stage:
Hope that helps you break through some limiting beliefs.
Decide that you’re going to live a LIFE WITHOUT LIMITS! Trust me, it’s much better