The triceps account for about 2/3rds of the size of your arms.
If you want big arms, you better work them correctly to stimulate growth.
This exercise will recruit MORE FIBERS and ignite MORE GROWTH than anything else out there. Don’t delay in putting this one into practice!
The following exercise allows us to meet the 2 criteria for maximal muscle fiber recruitment:
(1) Working along the path of the muscle’s function
(2) Resistance throughout the movement, especially at the peak contraction point
We already know how to maximize growth stimulation for the biceps, so let’s finish the BIG ARM section by looking at the triceps.
The function of the triceps is twofold:
- To straighten the arm (from a position of elbow flexion)
- To bring the arm down towards the body
All tricep exercises pretty much work with these functions to a more or lesser degree. However, most tricep movements (especially in a lying-down position) do NOT have effective resistance at the peak contraction point.
The best way to fully stimulate this body part is with Cable Kickbacks.
I’ve prepared the following video to show you how to perform this AWESOME exercise.
(If you found this video helpful, please give 5 stars on the YouTube page. Thanks )
* As you extend at the elbow joint, also move the arms away and behind the body
* Pause briefly at the Peak Contraction Point
* Stand a good distance back from the pulley so that the resistance doesn’t fall off when you reach the starting position. The cable should be pulled tight throughout the whole rep.
* Your stance is a matter of choice. You can adopt a stride stance, like I do in the video, or stand with both feet together.
Incorporate this one into your workouts ASAP!
Sure, you might be in a little pain afterwards, but you’ll have BIGGER ARMS!
P.S. Regular old dumbbell kickbacks are also good here. However the resistance is not as smooth as with a cable. Also, I have always found it nearly impossible to fully straighten the arm when using a dumbbell. Opt for cable kickbacks.