Should you use Weight Lifting Gloves for your training sessions?
I think they are of great benefit and wouldn’t dream of working out without them.
Here are a number of benefits of weight lifting gloves:
- They absorb pressure on the hands. Sore hands may make you cut a set short. Allow the muscle(s) you want to build to take the strain, not your hands
- This decreased pressure also benefits the wrists. If you’ve ever had wrist pain during or after a workout, cushion your hands to decrease the discomfort
- No calluses. If you’ve lifted for even a few months without gloves, you’ve probably formed a few calluses on your hands as a result – ouch!
- Better grip. Hands can get sweaty during a grueling workout, let your gloves remedy this
Even if you don’t have any of the above problems without gloves, I still suggest you use them as you may not be performing at 100% of your potential without the comfort they provide.
So which weight lifting gloves should I choose?
Look out for the following features:
- Leather or Neoprene – They provide much better grip than nylon ones and will last longer.
- Fingerless – Your gloves should cover the bottom half of your fingers but not the tips. This allows the glove to ‘breath’ a little and avoids the build up of sweat.
- Wrist Wraps – A great pair of gloves will have adjustable wrist wraps built into them. Even if you don’t suffer from sore wrists, you’ll really feel the benefit of these.
- Tight Fit – They need to be a snug fit to provide the best grip. Tight, but not so tight they cut off circulation 😉
Yes, after a little research, I found these beauties.
- Slow recovery ergo-foam padding provides a superior custom grip
- Wrist wraps help stabilize wrists during lifting
- Super soft durable full-grain leather with 3/4 length fingers
- Machine wash and dry
- Buy in your own size
Also, they seem like they would last forever. One guy in the Amazon review says he has used 1 pair for the last 2.5 years!
When I discovered these I was drooling, lol. Eager to purchase my own I searched my local Amazon, not a pair in site. I think I might just order them from the US if I can’t get them locally – the search begins!
To a comfortable, productive training session!
Can I give you my free muscle-building workout?
Join thousands over the world who are packing on slabs of new muscle for free with Targeted Hypertrophy Training (THT)