If your weight loss has stalled, this may just be EXACTLY what you need to get things going again!
This post isn’t aimed specifically at bodybuilders, but ANYONE who is trying to lose weight and has stalled.
She has very generously allowed me to reproduce 4 of the recipes in the book that all low-carbers will find very beneficial (and tasty).
So what’s the idea here? The aim is to kick-start stalled weight loss by putting your body into a state of nutritional ketosis. Best of all, you won’t be hungry.
This is just a sample. There are dozens of other recipes in the fantastic ‘Fat Fast Cookbook‘.
Pepperoni Chips with Cream Cheese
Amy says, “I love these pepperoni chips! I think they’d be good crumbled over a salad, too.”
- 1 ounce pepperoni slices
- 2 tablespoons whipped cream cheese
1. Lay your pepperoni slices on a microwaveable plate, and nuke them for 60 to 90
seconds, or until crisp.
2. Now eat them spread with the whipped cream cheese. That is all.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
- 211 Calories
- 19g Fat (83.7% calories from fat)
- 7g Protein
- 2g Carbohydrate; 0g Dietary Fiber; 2g Usable Carbs
Broccoli Cheese Soup
Amy says: “This is an adaptation of a recipe I put together several years ago, modeled after the high-carb version of my aunt’s cheese soup. It’s warm, filling, and tasty. It’s perfect for those times when you’re hankering for comfort food.”
- 2 cups broccoli florets, steamed
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups water
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese
- Pepper, to taste
1. Steam the broccoli florets till tender. Mix ½ cup of the broccoli, all the cream
cheese, ½ cup of the water, and all the heavy cream in a blender until smooth.
2. Pour this mixture into a pot or large saucepan. Add chicken broth, rest of
broccoli, and rest of water and mix. Over medium heat, bring to a simmer.
3. Once heated, add your Cheddar cheese and mix until melted and completely
blended. Add pepper to taste.
4 servings, each with:
- 280 Calories
- 25g Fat (79.3% calories from fat)
- 11g Protein
- 4g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 3g Usable Carbs
Want a comforting winter breakfast? Here it is. Add a sprinkle of cinnamon if you like.
- 1 ½ tablespoons ground pecans (I find this labeled pecan meal or pecan powder)
- 1 ½ tablespoons shredded coconut meat
- 1 tablespoon flax seed meal
- 1 pinch salt
- ⅓ cup boiling water, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- Splenda or sweetener of choice, to taste
1. Measure the pecans, coconut, and flax seed meal into a bowl, and add the salt.
Stir them all together.
2. Add the boiling water, and stir it all up. Let it sit for just a minute or two.
3. Add the cream and sweetener of choice, and eat!
- 247 Calories
- 24g Fat (80.7% calories from fat)
- 5g Protein
- 8g Carbohydrate; 6g Dietary Fiber; 2g Usable Carbs
This recipe calls for liquid coconut oil, an ingredient that has only recently become available, and it is, uh… pricey. You could also use medium-chain-triglyceride (MCT) oil. Or just go with all olive oil. Don’t use regular coconut oil, or you’ll get mayo that’s hard at room temperature, unless your room is pretty warm.
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ cup liquid coconut oil or another ½ cup olive oil.
1. Put everything but the oil in a clean, old jar with a lid—I use a salsa jar.
2. In a glass measuring cup with a pouring lip, combine the two oils. Have this
3. Immerse your stick blender in the egg-yolk mixture, and blend for several
seconds, until it’s uniform.
4. Now, keeping the blender running the whole time, very slowly pour in the oil—
your stream should be about the diameter of a pencil lead. Work your blender up
and down in the jar to make sure you mix the oil in thoroughly.
5. When your mayo is stiff, and the oil starts to puddle on top, you’re done. Mine
took all the oil, but you may have a little oil leftover in the cup. Just use it to fry
something later on.
6. Cap and store in the fridge, of course.
16 servings of about 1 tablespoon, each with:
- 127 Calories;
- 14g Fat (98.2% calories from fat);
- trace Protein;
- trace Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 0g Usable Carbs
There are many great ideas in this book. Other recipes include:
- Fast Fast Scramble
- Lime Cheesecake Minis
- Chocolate Almond Instant Pudding
- Ham & Cheese Cups
- Garlicky Creamed Mushrooms
- “Yogurt” Parfait
- Mexican Hot Chocolate
- Coconut Flax Bread
I’d also like to take this opportunity to announce that the NEW MuscleHack bodybuilding recipe book will be launching February 26th 2014!
You will love it! The big difference between my recipe book and others is there won’t be any weird or exotic ingredients that you don’t have, or have to pay the earth for.
I hate recipe books like that! They’re just totally impractical.
Furthermore, each recipe will only involve a small number of ingredients. From my other recipes, you know that this is how I like it. I know it’s how you like it, too.
I aim to make this the BEST and most USEFUL bodybuilding recipe book on the market.
Train With Intensity,
Can I give you my free muscle-building workout?
Join thousands over the world who are packing on slabs of new muscle for free with Targeted Hypertrophy Training (THT)