Huh? A muscle dessert?
Imagine tucking into a sweet, delicious dessert that actually fed your muscles, NOT your waistline.
Now imagine that this high-quality protein snack was low in calories, carbs, and fat.
Sound impossible? It’s not, and I’m about to show you how to do it!
This makes a sweet, high-protein mousse that can complement ANY bodybuilding diet. Whether you’re on low-carb, low-fat, low-glycemic, bulking or cutting, this little beauty fits the bill.
This recipe makes about 6 servings. Make a batch and keep it in the fridge for when temptation gets the better of you.
It couldn’t be simpler, all you need is:
- 1 box sugar-free strawberry Jell-O
- 90g Vanilla Whey Protein
- 1 Cup Fat-Free Sour Cream (Prairie Farm’s is the lowest calorie)
- 1 Cup Frozen Mixed Berries
- 1 Cup Boiling Water
That’s it. All you gotta do is:
- Add the boiling water to the Jell-O and let it dissolve. Then place it in the fridge for 10 minutes and let it cool.
- Then take it back out, add your whey and whisk until the protein is thoroughly mixed through
- Now whisk in the sour cream until frothy
- Now fold in your mixed berries (or you can use just one type of berry if you prefer like raspberries)
- Now refrigerate for a further 4 hours.
The nutritional breakdown is incredible:
- 492 total calories or just 82 calories per serving
- 14g protein per serving
- Just 6.5g net carbs per serving
- 0g fat
Since this is snack food we don’t need a full 30g serving of protein, but you can easily have a double-serving for 28g of protein if you wish. Your meals should also be providing any dietary fats you need so the zero fat count should not be a concern for low-carbers.
A glycemic load rating is difficult here but the net carb count is so low that it’s not too much of a concern. The carbs come from the berries and sour cream; I reckon a GL of 3 is more than enough to cover it.
By the way, this recipe is a modified version of something I saw in a book called ‘Muscle Chow‘. There’s over 150 muscle recipes in there, I’m sure you’ll find some that you can incorporate into your bodybuilding lifestyle.
Can I give you my free muscle-building workout?
Join thousands over the world who are packing on slabs of new muscle for free with Targeted Hypertrophy Training (THT)