Want to build NO muscle whatsoever?
Want to bust your ass week after week, month after month and make NO progress AT ALL!
Heck that’s what happens to most guys, so let’s watch what they do and do the opposite.
Oh, by the way, want to do all the above while wasting money on useless supplements? LOL
Then check out these 11 MUSCLE BLUNDERS….
(1) Don’t Eat Enough. Bust your ass in the gym, but don’t feed your muscles with enough nutrients.
(2) Use Strict Form On Every Exercise. Strict form uses…
- less muscle groups per exercise
- minimizes exercise-induced growth hormone release
- minimizes the load placed on the intended muscle(s)
- may lead to injury as it’s harder on the joints
Bad Call! Use Optimized Form instead.
(3) Don’t Get Enough Sleep. Here’s why sufficient sleep is so important my friends…
- The release of growth hormone REACHES ITS PEAK during deep sleep
- Your metabolic rate slows which is perfect for muscle tissue repair and growth
- INCREASED blood flow to the muscles
(4) Use A Beginner’s Program Even Though You’re Not A Beginner. This would involve hitting ALL muscle groups 3 times a week for about 2 sets per workout. Once you’ve been working out for 6 months, it’s time to move on. THT training is perfect for this transition. It is NOT a beginner’s program.
(5) Don’t Keep A Training Log. At each workout, guess the weights to lift and don’t record the reps you hit (please detect the sarcasm). This way you’ll have no idea if you are really progressing or not. You will also not have what I call ‘Set Goals.’ On every set you should have your target reps programmed into your mind. Set this 1 rep higher than last time around. So if on your 1st set of dumbbell curls last week you got 8 reps of 55lbs, start repeating 9,9,9,9,9,9….in your head prior to the set.
(6) Perform Cardio All Year Round. This one blows my mind. Cardio is part of a cutting strategy, that’s it! It will do nothing but stunt muscle gains when the goal is to add serious muscle mass.
(7) Get Stressed! Stress is catabolic! It breaks down muscle with the release of hormones like cortisol. Chill out already!
(8) Workout For Hours At A Time. THT workouts will last anywhere from 30-60 minutes MAXIMUM. Going over 60 minutes on a regular basis is a sure-fire way to overtrain.
(9) Never Take A Rest. One sure way to beat plateaus is taking a week off every now and then. THT accommodates this with 1 week off in every 10.
(10) Lack Focus In The Gym. When you go to the effort off getting your ass in the gym, keep 100% of your focus on the task at hand. You’re NOT there to chat or eye-up the beautiful people. 100% focus will create 100% intensity. Do the other stuff when you get done. 😉
(11) Eat A Low-Fat Diet. Because of the positive correlation between dietary fat and serum testosterone, limiting your fat intake will retard your gains.
So you can see here a pattern. You must create an anabolic INTERNAL environment through:
and couple this with the correct EXTERNAL strategies of Training and Diet.
Train Intelligently My Good Buddies!
Can I give you my free muscle-building workout?
Join thousands over the world who are packing on slabs of new muscle for free with Targeted Hypertrophy Training (THT)