Chin-ups are a compound exercise that primarily hit the biceps and to a lesser degree the lats. And they’re awesomely effective! But only if you do them properly! That’s why I’ve put this tutorial video together for you.
I’d like you to read this post in conjunction with my recent 3 Most Effective Bicep Exercises, where I conclude scientifically that Concentration Curls, Cable Preacher Curls…and Chin-Ups are the 3 best movements for the biceps.
These exercises are all part of my free THT training program. Some people are not aware of this as they neglect to download the THT Exercise Bank file that comes free with the workout.
The Exercise Bank is a full list of all approved exercises that stimulate hypertrophy/growth. It also gives instructions on how and when to swap up exercises on THT training. Simple. So if you can’t do a particular exercise, or just feel like a change, you need this file.
So I’m going to give it to you here without any sign-up process. I want you to have this!
And if you haven’t yet downloaded the full THT training system, grab it for free below. If it says that you’re already subscribed, see today’s email that went out to you – at the bottom, I’ve given the THT download link for you all.
5 star reviews! Get THT Training Totally Free below or buy on Amazon
3 X MUSCLE GAINS | SIZE GAINS IN 2 WKS | 100% FREE 🙂
HOW TO DO CHIN-UPS CORRECTLY FOR GROWTH
Here’s the tutorial video. Apologies for the angle; tried my best to get a good position to show proper form. Anyway, it shows everything you need to know. Watch and pay attention to the notes below.Click for a vid showing how to do chin-ups correctly for #bicep growth Click To Tweet
(1) Step up and grasp bar with underhand shoulder width grip.
(2) How high to go? Basically just pull yourself up until your elbows are in at the sides of your body. You’ll instinctively know when you are at the top – don’t overthink it.
(3) To maximize full muscle fiber recruitment, do your negatives (lowering) a little slower than the positive (raising).
(4) Lower body under full muscular control until arms and shoulders are fully extended. Please watch this in the video and note how my arms are full extended (fully straight) at the bottom of the rep.
(5) When you can do more than 12 reps with your bodyweight, add weight by adding plates to a dip belt.
NOTE: You’ll notice that I go to the last rep, then just hang for a few seconds and let some burning lactic acid flush out of my muscles and this allows me to knock out another rep.
If you’re not doing these in your current cycle of THT training, consider swapping them in as per the instructions in the THT Exercise Bank file.
If you’ve any questions, ask me below and I’ll help you out.
Train With Intensity!
HERE ARE THE SUPPLEMENTS I HIGHLY RECOMMEND
Can I give you my free muscle-building workout?
Join thousands over the world who are packing on slabs of new muscle for free with Targeted Hypertrophy Training (THT)