Leg Presses are a great exercises that will be included in THT training.
So let’s have a look at the form as it pertains to a routine designed for hypertrophy.
(1) Keep your feet flat on the platform about shoulder-width apart. Have your toes pointing out slightly i.e. away from each other.
(2) Getting ready for the lift – Your upper and lower legs should be at about a 90 degree angle to each other.
(3) Also please ensure that your feet and knees are pretty much in line with each other. If your feet are much higher or lower than knee-height, you risk injuring yourself.
(4) Grab the handles.
(5) Release the safety pins.
(6) Push through with the heels, not the toes.
(7) Stop just short of locking out at the top of the rep so you don’t put an enormous stress on your knee joints.
(8) Lower slowly under full muscular control. The negative should take LONGER than the positive.
(9) At the bottom of the movement the lower leg should come down just passed a 90 degree angle i.e. the upper and lower legs will form an angle smaller than 90 degrees.
(10) Keep your back flat against the pad and your butt firmly on the seat throughout the set – this is important.
(11) Select a weight that forces you to reach failure within the Anabolic Window.
Note: Since I train at home and don’t have this machine, I’m using my Smith Machine to great effect. If you’re planning on doing this you’ll need a padded back support; I’m using a back rest from an old sit-up board.
Can I give you my free muscle-building workout?
Join thousands over the world who are packing on slabs of new muscle for free with Targeted Hypertrophy Training (THT)