This is simply one of the best, if not the best, low-carb pizza recipes I have ever seen.
Emily has kindly given me permission to share with it with all you Muscle Hackers 🙂
Note: I also am making a little announcement at the bottom of this post.
“For the toppings you can really get as creative as you would like with your pizza. I generally use some form of meat or fish as well as a good amount of vegetables such as onions, mushrooms, peppers, tomatoes and spinach.”
Ingredients: For Base:
- 100g ground almonds
- 50g butter
- 1 large egg
- ½ tsp baking soda
- A pinch of salt
- 3tbsp sundried tomato paste
- 2 large handfuls of grated hard cheese
- Sieve the ground almonds into a large bowl and mix in the baking soda and salt together. In a saucepan melt the butter over a medium heat, then remove and mix together with the egg. Add the wet and dry ingredients together and combine. A dough should be formed, if the mixture is still a little dry then add in a little more melted butter.
- Take the dough and lay it on greaseproof paper. Flatten the dough slightly with your hand and then take a rolling pin and begin rolling into a circular shape.
The mixture will be a little more “wet” than normal flour based dough, so be careful when rolling. In order to prevent the sticking, coat the rolling pin in a little ground almonds.
- Once rolled, place on a pizza shaped baking tray and bake in a 180°C pre heated oven for ten minutes or until golden.
- Remove from the over and then smooth on the tomato paste and sprinkle over the cheese.
- Then layer with any form of toppings you like. I generally use are pepperoni, peppers, mushrooms, spinach and onions.
- You can get really creative with this pizza and have the same toppings that you would have had on your old wheat based pizzas.
- Once you have layered your toppings on, place back in the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes. Serve this on its own or make with celeriac chips (fries).
Thanks for letting me share this, Emily 😀
You can also make low-carb chips/fries from swede as I used to do here.
ANNOUNCEMENT: I will be publishing a NEW Recipe Book packed with easy to make, high-protein meals and snacks! This will make your life easier…and tastier! Unlike other bodybuilding recipe books, mine won’t call for 50 weird ingredients that you don’t have. I hate that.
I’m setting the release date as Monday 24th February 2014. I’ll keep you all posted!
Can I give you my free muscle-building workout?
Join thousands over the world who are packing on slabs of new muscle for free with Targeted Hypertrophy Training (THT)